Vitafoods Europe is set to spotlight the important role of nutrition in mental wellbeing in a new in-person Summit on 9 May 2022, at the Fairmont Grand Hotel in Geneva. With 51% of consumers looking to improve their mental and cognitive health, the Vitafoods Europe Summit offers an in-depth exploration of the latest ingredient science in this area, and its practical applications. Plus, Summit attendees can network with like-minded professionals to discuss ways to address this growing and increasingly important market sector.
A chance to solve global issues together
“Mental health is a top global health concern in 2022 – we’re working longer, sleeping less, and are more stressed than ever before,” said Heather Granato, Vice President of Content, Informa. “Add the pressures of a global pandemic into the mix, and it’s no wonder that consumers have decided that now is the time to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Understanding the market opportunities, trending ingredients that have scientific substantiation, product development and compliance considerations, as well as consumer needs are all key to developing effective nutraceuticals products in this sector.”
“Taking place the day before Vitafoods Europe 2022 opens its doors, the Vitafoods Europe Summit brings together the industry’s leading researchers, providing a dedicated forum to discover how nutraceuticals can support all-round wellbeing and opening up conversations around building mental resilience through nutrition. By honing in on this one pressing subject at the Summit, we’re offering a deeper dive into it – it’s the practical application of nutritional science for mental health.”
Expand market understanding with exclusive industry and scientific insights
With 15 speakers across 11 live sessions, plus two panel discussions and five thematic lunch roundtables, Vitafoods Europe Summit’s agenda has been designed to optimise both learning and networking, to inspire new product development in the mental wellbeing category. Sessions include:
- Dr Joseph Firth, UKRI Future Leaders Fellow at the University of Manchester, presenting the latest evidence of nutrition’s impact on mental health, with key learnings from the biggest studies to-date.
- Dr Kaitlin Roke, Director of Scientific Outreach & Communication, GOED, providing unique insights into the current knowledge and future research gaps in the field of omega-3 supplementation and mental health.
- Nicholas Carbonelle, Counsel, Bird & Bird, discussing the key regulatory challenges in the mental health space, from product classification to the developments in labelling and advertising regulations.
- Dr Holly E. Johnson, Chief Science Officer at the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA), on evaluating and choosing traditional herbal adaptogens and ingredients for mental health product formulations.
- Dr Manfred Eggersdorfer, Professor for Healthy Ageing at the University of Groningen, on the latest ingredient science and solutions leveraging vitamins and trace minerals for cognitive performance.
- Dr David Foreman, Founder at Herbal Pharmacist, chairing a panel session exploring whitespace opportunities for product development and go-to-market strategies.
The Summit will also feature an exclusive evening networking reception and a thematic networking lunch, providing an opportunity to meet with industry experts from leading Consumer Packaged Goods brands operating in the mental wellbeing space.
Vitafoods Europe Summit will take place in person at the Fairmont Grand Hotel in Geneva on 9 May 2022.
Editor: Kiran Grewal email@example.com